Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBathroom walls deforming

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bathroom walls deforming
    Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 12:44pm
My email request to FR:   Purchased our 179 this past March and love it. I'm an RPOD-Owners Forum member and just started seeing posts about shower wall deformation and responses that attribute it to heat. Sure enough, I checked mine yesterday with 90 degrees here in Carolina and saw very wavy shower walls and the edge of one buckling out enough I could see under it. I checked this morning with 70 degrees and walls had gone back to almost normal...still a little waviness. I have some concerns about the long term impacts to the caulking between the 2 panels and uneven expansion. And to the adhesive method under the panels. You will soon be getting more inquiries about this since I understand the 179 (and other models?) are now using a new, different shower material. Has there been any discussion/resolution about this?

Their reply:  Good Afternoon Mark,
I do apologize that you are experiencing these issues, but we have not had complaints about this issue. I ran your vin number and it looks like this unit was manufactured in February of this year, we have not made any changes to the R-Pod shower surrounds since your unit was manufactured. 

Not much of an answer...my reply:  Thanks for the response.  I realize you haven’t made changes since February but the shower surrounds are different from before then.  Any thoughts on the problem?

Their response:   As I stated we have not been presented with this issue before your email to us. So I am not sure what could be causing  the issue. You could always take the unit into a service center or dealership and see if they can diagnose what might be causing the issue. 
Angry

Mark
Concord, NC
2017 RP 179 "Podzilla"
2011 Silverado 1500 4X4
PilotPodder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 1:02pm
Maybe send them a link to the forum thread where a few of us mention this?
Portage, MI — 2017 RPod 179 - sold / 2017 Toyota Tundra — My RPod YouTube Videos
Podizzi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 12:43pm
Took my pod to Tom’s Camperland in Mesa, AZ and they added a piece of trim also like Dirt Road Warrior.  Seems to have fixed problem but we will see what 110 degree temps do to it next summer.  
Podizzi
2017 rpod 179
2016 Toyota Sequoia
Phoenix, AZ
PodBarb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 8:19pm
New to this, but recall reading that the slight bulge at the bottom left at entry is normal to allow condensation to evaporate. It does seem that a continuing expansion suggest that may not have been true, although the surround is just attached at the punch-pin type things. Would love to hear of a fix if needed. Or maybe live with it or replace with something better....
2017 RPod 171
2017 Kia Sorento SX
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123