R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedR-Dome roof leaks!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
pgoelz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: R-Dome roof leaks!
    Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 2:24pm
I searched for this issue and didn't find much so maybe I am a one off?  

We are on our first outing this weekend with our 171 and brand new R-Dome..... the dome was purchased on Craig's List but was brand new in the box, still in original packaging.  It was included with a new 178 (I think) and the owner didn't want the Rdome.  

We had a torrential downpour last night and to my great surprise, while it was raining outside.... it was raining INSIDE the Rdome!  Like, quite a bit!  Our chairs were soaked and I got wet just standing in the center of the Rdome.  It seemed to be coming in from all over the roof area.  

This morning I looked closely and the roof fabric seems to be coated and appears to be waterproof.  But where there are creases in the roof fabric from where it was folded in the packaging, the coating seems to have been worn enough to see some lighter areas and even pinholes through to the outside.  

I plan on using tent waterproofing spray to see if that stops the leaking but I am wondering if this is unusual or whether others have a similar issue with the Rdome leaking through the roof fabric.  Since I am not the original purchaser (although I AM the original user), I am assuming Forest River and/or Dometic won't do anything for me.  I'm just glad we didn't pay anywhere near what a new Rdome would have cost!  

Paul
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12