R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed182G

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 182G
    Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 12:07am
when looking at the diff models, my wife an I like the 178 and the 182g mostly due to the outdoor garage area as we r used to camping and figure we will mostly cook outside on a bbq. Only downside is the bunks seem small and our local dealer says that this model is not too popular as they just happened to have one and was the first one they had in a few years.  
I'm thinking in terms of resale value too down the line if we want to move up and want to sell it.

Thanks 
texman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 9:35am
I have a 182g and like everything about it.  I reinforced the top bunk to support adult weights.  I have slept in both back bunks, and after adding better mattresses, they are great to me.  I am 5'11" and 205#.  If you are Shaq, they wont work, but normal size folks are fine.  If being cramped is a problem, RPODs aren't going to make you happy.  There are plenty of HUGE campers out there for that.  I like the 182g because it can sleep four adults and has two kitchens.  We use the outdoor kitchen the most, even for breakfast sometimes.  The 182g is heavier than the other pods, but a 1/2 ton pickup has no trouble at all.  FWIW.
TexMan 2015 182g
2018 Sequoia
TexManMods
Kaiyasdad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 10:06am
Thanks for the info. I pretty much limited to the rpod or Lance 1575 as my tow vehicle is a Tacoma and I don't want to have to get another vehicle to tow.  Been there and done that with boats.  
texman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 11:14am
lots of folks use the tacoma for TV.  You will be fine with that.  Even with the Tundra, i am wanting to get a WDH, mainly because of the ferocious wind in my part of the world.  
TexMan 2015 182g
2018 Sequoia
TexManMods
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 11:45am
Agreed. Many vehicles (including our F-150) don't "really" need a WDH. However, it sure does contribute to stability, and overall smoother towing experience. I would look at the towing capability of any vehicle and see at what % of the capability you are with an R-pod. If you're at < 50%, then NBD. As you get up to 75% (or higher), I would say that it would be advised.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
rda54 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 3:27pm
We personal like the 178 if weather is bad we can sit and play cards or something with the big table. I still cook out side when I can.
Ronald & Lonna
2014 178
2016 Chevy 1500
Hour Pod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 11:11pm
We are 1 trip into year 2 with our 182G, and haven't cooked inside yet. We have 2 young kids who rotate between the upper and lower bunks. The 178 was our 2nd choice - but love the 182G.
Love'N Hour Pod
2017 Sierra Crew & 2017 182G
JJ, Erin, Alexa & Jace
Kfinn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 3:41pm
Hi

How did you reinforce the top bunks?  We need to do the same on our 172 

THX
THX!
Olddawgsrule View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 4:03pm
I'm a new 182g owner and yet to take her out.

I choose the 182g mainly for the Garage. Inside cooking is just big enough, but cleanup (dishes) is going to happen outside in the bigger sink. There's just enough room to sit at the table comfortably to eat or play cards. My only complaint (probably all models) is the lack of a 12v outlet. This I will add.

I really was headed 'Teardrop', but wifey insisted on the inside shower/bathroom. The 182g is the best compromise out there.

I don't like the awning at all and went for the R-Dome. Just made sense too me. Again, all models. I will buy a screen room of sorts for the Garage area. Good for those rainy or windy days and still be able to cook outside. Also gives me a spot of privacy for the outside shower. Let's get real, that inside one is tight and why collect all that gray water..

For me, there was no other models that work as well.

Too each their own. This is mine! 
Byways no Highways
2017 Tacoma
Truck Camper Build
2004 F150 My Overlander
 Post Reply Post Reply