Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Wish List
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedR-Domes - Event Date: 29 May 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: R-Domes
    Posted: 29 May 2017 at 5:02pm
Does anyone have a gently used R-Dome for a 178 for sale?
3Peas =
(Me + my 2 Camping
Collies in a 178 Pod.)
Knoxville, TN
2011 Honda Pilot
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 7:49pm
3 Peas,
Go to the General Camping tab and then go to the bottom of that and you will find the campers flea market.  Right now there are at least of couple R-domes for sale.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
3Peas View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 8:59am
Thanks for the info.! 

A couple of the listings were out-of-date, I believe. I don't know if I'd go for the one with a bent pole that went through a storm? (Even though the price was right.)

As a former fellow Michigander, do you have a good suggestion on Rpoding in western Michigan? Wooded, larger lots? Originally from Grand Haven and would like to go back and visit.  
3Peas =
(Me + my 2 Camping
Collies in a 178 Pod.)
Knoxville, TN
2011 Honda Pilot
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 10:58am
Originally posted by 3Peas

A couple of the listings were out-of-date, I believe. I don't know if I'd go for the one with a bent pole that went through a storm? (Even though the price was right.)
A bent pole is NBD; probably easy to replace. As long as the fabric is intact, I would consider it if the price is right.

OTOH, we've never been big fans of the R-dome for the very reason that it's such a hassle in big wind.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 7:26pm
3 Peas,
We do have a couple favorites if you are asking about western Michigan in the lower peninsula.  Barnes Park is a county park in Antrim County, about 35 miles north of Traverse City at the intersection of US-31 and M-88 in Eastport.  A spectacular park on Lake Michigan with a few nice sized lots on the lake and wooded but are usually full all summer long.  If you don't mind walking 300' to the lake there are many large wooded lots along the back side of the park.  Cost is 30.00/night.  Another is Fisherman's Island SP just south of Charlevoix on Lake Michigan.  A few are quite large and wooded on the lake but if you want to get them you will have  to reserve them 6 months out.  Inland there are quite a few large and wooded lots.  Cost is only 13.00/night BUT there is no electricity which is fine for us since we boondock quite a bit.  If you want to know about the UP, let me know, we go there quite a bit.  How do you like Knoxville?
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
edistolady View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 8:05pm
I have a problem with my rDome..I can't get it into to the awning rail w/o quite a bit of pulling & prodding, then it comes out at the end ...I started at the front where there isn't a screw and shot some synthetic spray as I went up and over to the back. If the rDome takes this long to put up I might as well not try to use it on my first trip out 6-29 to 7-3.
I have thought of changing out all the screws holding the awning rail but figured it would not be profitable and I might make things worse..
I noticed in the instruction manual that this model is being put on a 'pop-up' camper not the rPod..is that my problem??
Someone PLEASE help!!!!
GaMa on daRiva
computerfixitguy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 11:16pm
I not only put silicone spray in the track I replaced the screws with flatter ones that don't catch.  RDome goes right in by myself.  Love my R-Dome.
Kim & Derek
2016.5 176t
2015 Jeep Rubicon JKU (trips west)
2008 Town and Country (trips east)
2 kids, 2 dogs

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 8:50am
So it was not that hard to switch out the screws....

Thanks soooooo much will try tomorrow to accomplish same...
GaMa on daRiva

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 10:14am
Computerfixitguy,  could you please tell me the exact size of the screws so I can fetch some on my way home today,,
Thanks
GaMa on daRiva
3Peas View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 4:43pm
Have only been here 3 months. Lived in NC for 30 years before coming to K'ville to be with family and retire. I don' t like I-40 running right through everything. And no downtown out here in Farragut/suburbia on the West side of Knoxville. But I have barely begun to have time to get out and about. Especially with finding a tow car and then the Pod. There seems to be a lot of things to do, though, and quite a bit of outdoor related activity.  Housing is inexpensive, but sales taxes for cars, campers, etc. are out of site. Car insurance is high too. No state income taxes. No freezing cold or, to me worse, no constant dreary/cloudiness that MI seems to have. Loved the people and the scenery and the water in western MI. Glad I got to go to high school there. Go GH Buccaneers.     
3Peas =
(Me + my 2 Camping
Collies in a 178 Pod.)
Knoxville, TN
2011 Honda Pilot
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>