R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWater Pump

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jato View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water Pump
    Posted: 27 May 2017 at 6:13pm
Finally got our 177 out of hibernation today and much to my chagrin, water comes out in spurts.  Double checked the bypass valves and also the one used when I blow it out with compressed air, check.  Took water pump out and physically looked to see if anything was amiss, found nothing.  Screen on inlet side of pump was clean as a whistle.  When running I can put my thumb over the outlet and hold the little bit of pressure that is generated.  I couldn't find any hairline cracks in the 3 baffles where the pressure is generated inside the pump proper; or is there something else it could be? 

The one thing I thought odd when I turned it on was how quiet it was.  For the past 6 years I always found it kind of noisy, maybe that was an indicator of something amiss.  If I indeed need to replace pump, what would you recommend - hopefully one that is a tad quieter than the one that FR installs.  Thanks and enjoy this Memorial Day weekend, honoring our nation's veterans.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123