Topic ClosedNew member with new Pod - Event Date: 23 May 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ArenaBlanca View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: New member with new Pod
    Posted: 24 May 2017 at 9:21am
You might want to consider an Anderson leveler.  I got one to use with our 179 and it is sooooo much easier that those plastic block things.
Enjoy Life!!
lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 9:54pm
From a former owner of an Ericson 38 and a Newport 30 II, welcome.  Just like a sailboat, you'll have an endless supply of projects from your new jealous mistress.  It's a good thing your wife is keeping her in line and in her place. 
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
VermontPodder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 9:02pm
Hello all,

I just joined but have been reading and using all of your advice to help us make our decision on a new R-Pod. We ordered a new 2018 model 179 and just received it last Thursday. It followed me home so we adopted it. And yes I included a WDH and my 2014 Silverado 4x4 has no trouble pulling it around.

I used the nice weekend here in Vermont to go through everything, ensuring plumbing was leak proof and the drain connections were tight with no leaks. I crawled over every inch, and under to ensure there were no concerns which could cause us an issue from the start.My final summary is FR has stepped up with the quality on this new model. Many of the older mods were incorporated into this new model, including 15" wheels with class D tires. My only changes were adding a few zip ties under the camper to keep some wires tied together. They would have probably been fine but I am super conscious about loose wires. I would give the overall score for quality on our camper an A+. 

There are of course mods I am performing myself before our first trip. My wife bought a 10" memory foam mattress, Scotch guarded the cushions and started decorating it making it her new home away from home. I have installed a EMS-HW30C electrical management system, bought Rhino sewer hoses, fresh water will go through a dual filtration system, cut up rubber horse stall mat for stabilizing pads and leveling our camper.

We are not new to camping, as our earlier camper was a 36ft sailboat on Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri. We sold it, took a few years to help children through college and now will not be limited to the shores of the lake to go camping.

We have several weekends already reserved and now planning our two week adventure in August to travel out to Colorado. More trips in sight but no plans on those yet.

We have not selected a name for our Pod selected yet, but I'm sure our first couple of adventures will help form a name. How does everyone christen a R-Pod? Boats we smashed a bottle of Champagne on the bow on our maiden voyage.

So thank you to all of your contributions to help my wife and I start out the right way. And like everyone else I have a list of mods planned to customize our Pod so pictures will be coming soon.

2018 Model 179
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123