R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Have You Done Any Mods?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 52>
Poll Question: Have you done any mods to your R-Pod?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
683 [81.41%]
10 [1.19%]
134 [15.97%]
10 [1.19%]
2 [0.24%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote rawest50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have You Done Any Mods?
    Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 9:55pm
You did not vent outside?
2017.5 RPod 179
2017 Jeep Unlimited Wrangler
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Off Road Crew Cab
2 Weiner dogs
Great wife puts up with my BS
❤️ Thoroughbred Racing.
DavMar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DavMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Kevinscamps

I put the vent in the refrigerator. I do have the outdoor shower, but that doesn’t interfere in the least.

Kevin, First want to say I like your mod but I forgive me that I do have what you might consider a criticism though I hope you don't take it as a negative. My only question about your mod of adding the vent is why does it look to me you have the unsightly vent ducks exposed? Couldn't you some how vent directly from the vent cowing into the refrigerator area with out having exposed ducting? If it's impossible to do that then I understand why it was necessary to have the expose ducts. All in all very neat idea you have on this mod and please forgive any critical observation on my part. On a different note I see your from Ft. Collins, the wife and I hope to make up to your town in the coming year. Her Grandparents lived there and we'd like to see their house and visit their graves so if you can make any recommendation for campgrounds near by please do send me a PM for I'm all ears!
Dave & Marlene J with Zoey the
wonder dog.
2017 Rpod 180
2016 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4
Lexington, NC
dcard44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dcard44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 7:55pm
Hello Everyone...I am new to this group as I just purchased a 2018 177 Rpod. I wanted to ask if anyone can advise me on this...I have a wet bath and would like to remove the sink but install a fold up or flip up sink that goes into the wall. I have seen them in  other rv's and thought it was a good idea, but do not know where I can locate one and is it even feasible. Thanks..
dcard44
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 4:56am
Welcome.

I don't know if anyone has tried to do what you're thinking of or not. I would be concerned that a folding sink would take up so much space that you couddn't stand in front of it and use it anyway. 

There are lots of folks who have removed the bathroom sink entirely. They just use the kitch sink instead. Here's a video of someone who has removed theirs so you can see what's back there.  You have some space in the wall between the sink and the bed area, but the outside wall is only an inch thick so not really useable. 

1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
Kevinscamps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kevinscamps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 7:57am
Dav mar,

I had to have the vent exposed because I vented to the refrigerator compartment because I have had trouble with dust in the desert with my previous camper. If you vent directly outside it is a much cleaner install and would would not require the extra tubing and the fan would work better.

There are some nice campsites at horsetooth resevoir assuming you camp near the marina end. The ones on cr23 are pretty noisy. There is a koa north end of town that i have never been to.
tony rpod 180 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote tony rpod 180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 4:42pm
How did you wire the switch?  I looked at the water heater and couldn't figure out which wires i needed to extend to an internal rocker switch.  Any help would be appreciated.Confused  
GMC Canyon/RPoder
Kevinscamps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kevinscamps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 7:27pm
For the vent fan, I just wired to the existing wires for the light that was above the stove.

I will agree. When I wired something else It was surprisingly hard to find a good 12v in near the water heater switch. Just clip a long wire to a known ground, turn everything off and then probe until you find the thickest 12v wire you can find.
Kahonu37 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kahonu37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 3:57pm
Our recent purchase of a 2018 179, I made a mod to the front garage Stowage area. I bought a n 8’ piece of PVC hollow fence and cut two 3’ leagths, mounted them on top of each othe. The interior channels were perfect to stow my Equalizer sway bars, sway bar tool, level, collapsible broom, and two collapsible tent poles used for our Thule awning side shades. Sure organizes the compartment nicely 
2018 179
2012 NISSAN XTERRA (retired 12/19)
2019 RAM 1500 WARLOCK (new)
A.R.E. V Series Topper
WDH Equalizer 600/6000
malkbean2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote malkbean2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 8:44am
Model 178

Real Simple mod: cut length of thin plywood about 5'x2',  taped the edges, and used as large shelf by laying it on dinettes cushions while in camp. Store behind cushions while traveling. Simple added shelf space for  2 people without making holes or glue.

Less Simple mod: Made use of empty space under sink by moving and fabricating thin plywood walls and shelf. Small nails , tacks , screws, or glue is all thats needed to hold it together.

Simple mod: purchased cheap foam from building supply store and placed under original  mattress supplied by Forest River. Makes incredible difference and very comfortable without buying new mattress or mattress topper.
rpod 178
Grand Caravan
Lazy Goose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lazy Goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 11:25am
Added many to our Lazy Goose 2016, 179
OUTSIDE
Added electric tounge and Flip jack.
Added another storage tube to the front under the battery for dome poles.
Added a level to the front tounge.
Added a 4x4 square pvc fence cover under the back tire hitch for extra sewer hose.
INSIDE
Added a homemade wodden shelf to the wall for spices and other kitchen items.
Added clips to counter to hold paper towel holder when in route.
Added shelves to pantry closet.
Made a cutting board to cover stove for more counter space.
Added a plastic shoe holder in the bathroom for articles.
Took out the table and just use tv trays.
Made shelf in the under seat compartment over the electric box for extra storage.
Added shelves in the clothes closet.
Took out mattress added futon mattress.
Cut out holes in the board under the bed near the water pump for easy access for winterizing, with wrote how to instructors right on the wood.
Pocket lights to each side of the bed for quick light.
Added a piece of wood that fits under the mattress and hangs out toward the dinett so we now sleep sideways, our feet toward the dinett area, so now we no longer have to climb over each other to get in and out of bed.
Added small long plastic containers over each window cover in the bed area. Using command strips to hold cell phones wallets and other small items.
Added a power strip bar using command strips on the wall near the tv in the bed area for charging phones.
Added Air Maxx fan cover.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 52>