R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Have You Done Any Mods?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 52>
Poll Question: Have you done any mods to your R-Pod?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
683 [81.41%]
10 [1.19%]
134 [15.97%]
10 [1.19%]
2 [0.24%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have You Done Any Mods?
    Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 4:34pm
Have the mods changed the weight of you pod by much?
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
dbrimm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dbrimm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Leo B

Have the mods changed the weight of you pod by much?

Not by a large amount. I don't recall the exact numbers but moving the batteries back and putting the generator up front added about 50lbs (ballpark) to the tongue weight. If memory serves the tongue weight is now in the mid 300's.

I haven't noticed any effect on towing (stability or otherwise) and it's really nice to have everything clean and sleek. Not having to fiddle with the genset other than walking out and turning the key is a nice as well of course.
texman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote texman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 5:30pm
RP 182g
stove cover, usb charger, 12v outlet, 12v fan, sealed holes, Zamp solar, jack foot, voltage regulator
TexMan 2015 182g
2018 Sequoia
TexManMods
rGod2013 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rGod2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 6:21pm
2013 rpod 178
1. Remove "head banger box" over bed.
2. Installed shelf over passenger side window, over bed with tv unit from head banger box.
3. Installed nicer shower head. Had to reinforce wall to hold shower. Factory reinforcement in wrong location.
4. Installed lots coat hooks all around.
5. Had to reinforce floor under shower/toilet. Factory keeping costs down.
6. Installed 12" round port hole window in door.
7. From someone else's post I found the over the tank spare toilet paper holder from Wal-mart. Hangs over the sink and ease to remove for shower.
8. Cut open a large access hole in back of shower. Use to reinforce a tv mount being installed on other side. Also, nice access to wires.
9. Found picture frame & small mirror at thrift store. Put them together & mounted on wall above thermostat.
10. Used wide clear packing tape to close small vents on right and left side of A/C. Passenger side was blowing straight down the wall onto the thermostat causing the A/C to continually cycle on and off. Problem solved. Nice when its an easy fix.
11. more to come
birderdiane526 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote birderdiane526 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 7:16pm
New for us, a 12v outlet for charging our phones. We added a wire shelf over our bed, from valance to valance. Hung some decorative items for a more homey feel. Love hearing from everyone about their creativity and mods.
Diane and Michael
2016 179 "PIP" (PODDING IN PARADISE)
2007 Toyota Tundra
BLOG:Podding in Paradise,
birderdiane526.blogspot.com
Richard7325 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Richard7325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 2:00pm
My towing mods...

Rear Anti Sway bar with new OEM Bilstein shocks

e2 WDH

Trans cooler the biggest one i could fit

Trans gage

Brake controller

Rear view video to clip on rear view mirror when towing (So I can see the cop coming after me for speeding )

camera on the back

StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Richard7325

My towing mods...

Rear Anti Sway bar with new OEM Bilstein shocks

What tow vehicle do you have? How is this anti-sway bar working out?

Rear view video to clip on rear view mirror when towing (So I can see the cop coming after me for speeding )

camera on the back

What camera/display are you using? Source? I like the graphic.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Bugout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bugout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 2:41pm
iBooks like Toyota Tacoma 
Jk Aiken South Carolina 2016 178 Toyota Tundra 2017 4.6
Richard7325 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Richard7325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 10:26pm
My tow truck is a 2000 SR5 Toyota Tacoma Pre Runner V6 with close to 200,000 miles. I am the original owner.

The rear Sway bar works great. It keeps the body roll to a minimum and just makes the truck handle better.

On the rear view cam I used a wireless receiver and transmitter and took apart a license plate rear view back-up cam and powered it with a 12v cigarette plug. Got it off of Amazon less than $60 for everything.              
gunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 3:16pm
I replaced the hot @ cold water drain plugs with water shut off valves. makes it a lot easyer to drain the tank. I got 2 water shut off valves for 1/2 in. pex tubing and 2 small hose clamps at lowes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 52>