R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Have You Done Any Mods?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 52>
Poll Question: Have you done any mods to your R-Pod?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
683 [81.41%]
10 [1.19%]
134 [15.97%]
10 [1.19%]
2 [0.24%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have You Done Any Mods?
    Posted: 12 Jun 2016 at 7:32pm
Thanks for posting the pictures. Using a BBQ cover is creative recycling. I like it. Thanks also for the drawer and burner cover pictures. I hope to get going on those soon before we take the R-Pod out again.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2016 at 8:27pm
My mods show how I connected the television to the back of the audio unit using the headphone out connector on the television and the AUX 1 RCA inputs on the back of the unit. It works quite well. The pictures aren't so good, but it was hard to see what I was doing. It should be adequate to give you an idea of how to route the cables better.

Unfortunately, I did not see any speaker out connectors while I was back there, although the wiring harness did have several short wire stubs. Perhaps a pair of those are additional speaker outputs. I don't have the wiring diagram to be sure though.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Marco T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Marco T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2016 at 11:00pm
Thanks StephenH!  Two weeks until our trip, so sometime this week I'll probably park on the driveway and start packing everything in there to see what fits where.  I'm also playing around with the idea of putting a storage pod on top of the Durango to give us a little extra room in the vehicle, but I suspect it may actually improve gas mileage by bumping up the airflow a bit.  I'd also like to get a few coats of wax on there to make cleaning off the bugs a little easier.

m
The Tri-podders
2011 Dodge Durango Citadel - 5.7L Hemi
2015 R-pod 176T
Jobwabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jobwabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2016 at 7:22pm
Thanks Stephen,  I don't think I will be able to splice in any external speakers but that's okay.  I hope the entertainment unit lasts awhile as I couldn't google anything about it so replacement of it could be difficult.  Love seeing your Proverbs quote.
Jobwabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jobwabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2016 at 7:25pm
Hey Marco,  See my previous posts about sheeting the underside of your Pod for great mileage improvement!~
Scooby's Shack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Scooby's Shack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2016 at 8:54am
I'm using the same shoe organizer for bathroom storage, but instead of using the over-the-door hooks I'm using 3M hooks with the outdoor rated adhesive strips.  That way you don't have the possibility of damaging the door with the metal hooks.
Scooby's Shack
2010 R-Pod 151
2005 Jeep Liberty Tow Vehicle
Co-Pilot - Scooby the Terrier
3ofUs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote 3ofUs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 7:16am
I use the sticky foam and apply to any metal hooks that are hanging over the door. They are less likely to slide during travel.
Kantuckid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kantuckid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2016 at 9:50am
What purpose does a knobby tire do for a trailer? FWIW, "I think", I know about tires from years of wrenching, some racing and many years of motorcycles. IMO, it's a marketing ploy of the mfg. on the Hood River edition? Tires that tow well are tread designs that look like trailer specific tires?
Davidsutton66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Davidsutton66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 8:11pm
Added a second battery and a battery cutoff switch for dry camping in fall and spring
Leo B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 8:14pm
Welcome to the group!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 52>