R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Have You Done Any Mods?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 52>
Poll Question: Have you done any mods to your R-Pod?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
683 [81.41%]
10 [1.19%]
134 [15.97%]
10 [1.19%]
2 [0.24%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote juzdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have You Done Any Mods?
    Posted: 14 Nov 2013 at 2:00pm
i have the 181g with the garage...

Mods made:
1. risers at time of purchase since the camper rides low. didn't realize at the time though that raising it up increases the height of the garage and affects the r-Dome.  thus, i use a step stool when doing the dishes outside and use bungee cords on one side of the r-Dome.
2. added a foam mattress. 
3. added legs to a cutting board that now fits snugly over the cook top.
4. installed a flat screen in the garage with a swing out arm

future mods:
1.  the middle compartment under the bed is wasted space for me since you have to lift the mattress up to access it. so i want to create a cubby hole.
2.  window coverings that block out more light. 
3.  surround sound for garage tv to watch scary movies by the campfire. 
4.  more shelving inside... got some great ideas by looking at other posts. 
LePodders View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote LePodders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 1:27pm
have on my 171:
1. removed the blind holders at bottom, puttied hole, attached small round sticker velcro to hold the bottom to the wall. that way when leaning back in dinette or bed, you dont have the plastic piece poking into your back

2. cut dinette smaller into square (moved cut side to wall) removed oversized bottom and attached a single table pedestal. this gives more space into seating and doorway area. The table can be moved out and centered to eat (would be tight for 4 people). added very small foot rest. cut 3 heavy boards to bring for the time we may have company & need to make into bed. we also removed the 2 boards meant to hold the table in bed position. the new boards will lay across seat to seat. Still havent decided on what to use for under support when making into a bed

3. made & stained stove cover

4. heavy duty velco patch stitched to cushion and sticky side to wall. this keeps dinette cushions from falling over when getting up

pictures to come!

more mods in the works
Keenan, Kathryn, Millie, Rio & Cali (2015 r pod 179)
Poddy by Nature
sailo25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sailo25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 9:09pm
On my 151 I cut the table in half and placed a continuous hinge and supports so I can use it for a bed and easier to get in and out of dinette. Can also use the table folded or full size. Changed the support to a single pipe support.
Paul & Karie
2009 151
2013 Honda Pilot
Serendipity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 1:22pm
We have a 175 and installed a bicycle rack on the receiver. I built a frame to hold the spare under the front of the trailer using an old Ford under-the-bed spare support I got at a wrecking yard for $5. I used 1 1/2 inch angle steel to build a frame to hold the spare support. Worked out fine and the spare is out of sight.Tire_hanger.jpgSpare_Under_1.jpgTire_hanger_2.JPG
JayPod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JayPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2013 at 2:22pm
That is a sweet setup, nice work Serendipity!
2014 177
2014 Audi Q5 TDi
2013 Ford Escape EcoBoost
CO_PILOT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote CO_PILOT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 1:32pm

On our 2014 RP-178 we have:

1. New memory Foam Mattress Pad
  2. Magnetic hold-open latch for sink cabinet
  3. Planning: LED interior replacement "bulbs"
2014 R-Pod 178 -- 2012 Honda Pilot

Roadwise Wisdom for both Bikers and Froggers alike:
http://www.dansher.com/bikequotes.html
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 4:02pm
I thought 2014's had LEDs from the factory.. I have only been in one, a 179, but it had them for sure..
Sleepless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sleepless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 8:43pm
From the factory our new 178 still has only incandescents inside, other than in the appliances. 

I have no idea what the 179 will have.
2014 R-Pod 178 (OUR POD)
2009 Chevrolet Avalanche
shroomer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote shroomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 9:54pm
On our 2013 177 we have added:
1. 12v outlet in the entertainment cabinet (good for C-Pap and other 12v devices). A cheap 75w cigarette lighter plug in inverter will run the entertainment center.
2. Clothing/towel rack over the bathroom door.
3. 2 batteries: Group 31 and Group 24 AGM in a modified battery case.
4. Paper towel holder near sink.

Future:
1. LED's
2. Spare tire cover that fits
3. Some type of catch to keep the drawers from flying open on corners. (Any suggestions out there? - besides the obvious - slow down)

Larry and Debbie w/Rosie the mutt. Old: '13 177, '06 Silverado V6
New: '15 Whitehawk 20MRB '14 Silverado V8
Podsible Dream View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote Podsible Dream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 10:05pm
Schroomer, we use one of those plastic "padlocks" sold for keeping toddlers out of cabinets to hold the cabinets above the sinks closed.  For stacked drawers, we tie the pulls together with a length of shock cord from a defunct bungee. The pull of the cord keeps the drawers in place.   Walt

Chris and Walt
'10 RP-171 'Free Spirit'
'13 Dodge Durango Crew 5.7 L Hemi V8
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 52>