Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLooking for R-pod

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for R-pod
    Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 1:24pm
WOW, thanks to all of you for the GREAT input. I'm feeling better about the Explorer for now and will look into changing TV in future once I get the Pod. There is are a couple 171's in TX for sale so will look at them as soon as I get back which should be the 20th.I think I have wrapped up my brother's affairs so now it's up to his kids to sell the house once transfer is completed. Since I am single with small dog, I have settled on the 171 as apposed to the 172. Would rather have the dinette and queen plus from what I gather the 171 is set up a bit better for heater and storage. Big smile
Doug
Gregm View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 1:42pm
I think you will like the 171. We do. I recommend you get another mattress though unless FR has changed the ones they have been supplying. Best of luck!
Gregm
2014 171
2015 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner
MontanaBreeze View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 9:19am
We have an RPOD for sale, if you want to come to Montana to get it!! Big smile It comes with an extended warranty.  It's 17'8". We have babied the heck out of it.  No smoking, never used the toilet for solid waste.  We used a latex 2 in topper over the mattress.  Comes with an anti-sway system which is a gas saver in the prairie winds of Montana.  We also have a heavy duty adjustable hitch to go with it. Everything about this camper is easy! Small bump out, queen bed, nice dining area that makes into another bed. Storage everywhere. Has solar capabilities; the fiberglass exterior is pretty much hail proof.  We also put extra coating on it to protect from fading. We use an f150 to pull it with no drag. Two batteries; propane; elec/gas fridge. Convection/ Microwave. Two burner gas range. TV/DVD  Radio, outside speakers. The list goes on! Difficult to find one used that is like new! A/C, bathroom fan, scissor jacks. Includes 7 year extended warranty ( four years left).  
Greetings! We love the R-Pod experience. The fiberglass shell, the high clearance, the comforts, the solar capacity. The interior height for us tall folks!
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 10:30am
Originally posted by voy108

WOW, thanks to all of you for the GREAT input. I'm feeling better about the Explorer for now and will look into changing TV in future once I get the Pod. There is are a couple 171's in TX for sale so will look at them as soon as I get back which should be the 20th.I think I have wrapped up my brother's affairs so now it's up to his kids to sell the house once transfer is completed. Since I am single with small dog, I have settled on the 171 as apposed to the 172. Would rather have the dinette and queen plus from what I gather the 171 is set up a bit better for heater and storage. Big smile
Doug
Just one more voice in the wilderness here, but I would not tow an R-pod with the 1-1/4" receiver. It's really not meant for anything greater than a bike carrier or a very small utility trailer. Please do replace that receiver with a full 2" receiver.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
voy108 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 3:41pm
Well, my search is over. I was going to go for a 171 in Fl but came across a dealer here in TX that had blow out price on a new 2017, 171. Had to wait until I got back before I could do anything. Well, their blow out was $12,626. By the time I got to the ad it was off the special price and up to 13,294. Called 'em today and offered 12000 waiting for a counter of 12500. Well, they came back at 11995. Whoopee, I said, and said I take it. I'm amazed and the sales guy said he was also. I pick it up Thursday. Now to get the Explorer ready. Monday I'll check on a new hitch and brake controller. They can do the brake controller and 7 pin. Controller, 175...7 pin, 125. Soooo, I guess I can say I now own an R-Pod!!!
Doug
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12