Topic ClosedSuperbrightleds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
TheDogHouse View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Superbrightleds
    Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 8:55pm
I have a flat panel like the one you posted that I purchased off of eBay, I believe it was $3.99. I used double sided tape and placed it in the outdoor amber light, it works very well. I also purchased replacement bulbs for all of the interior lights, those being either 62 or 64 led's each, very impressed with the amount of light they create. I purchased 12 of those bulbs for about $40.00 off of eBay. I plan to do some boon docking next spring, this should really extend the battery use.
Steve and Rosa
11' 173T
09' Silverado Extended Cab
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 6:30pm
I wonder how they would compare to some of the "cheap" units on e-bay?  I have been looking at something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Light-Panel-36-SMD-LED-T10-BA9S-Festoon-Bulb-Adapter-/300596316284?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45fcefc87c
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 5:55pm
http://www.rpod-owners.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2102&title=superbrightleds
Personally, I like them.  They seem to be roughly as bright as the OEM 7 watt incandescent bulbs.  I purchased the "warm white" bulbs.  Their light is a very white light - like an office florescent fixture - when compared to the incandescent bulbs.  I just ordered 4 more - for 2 more fixtures; over the kitchen sink and the bathroom.  The 2 already purchased, I installed over the dinette.  The fixture is about 3 to 3 and 1/2 feet above the table and I had no trouble reading with the amount of light.  These 3 fixtures are plenty for my dry camping needs. 

IMHO, if you're thinking of this sort of thing, take THEIR advise and order one or two - to make sure you like them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12